16 July 2008

One for the Pinneapple Express



This is the first Judd Apatow project that I have been genuinely interested in, which prompted me to do a little research. It's directed by David Gorden Green who's first film George Washington is a near perfect representation of small town America. If you haven't checked it out yet - George Washington is a great date, home alone, or watch it with your parents who think The Shawshank Redemption is a work of genius movie.

I am excited to see these funny boys, Apatow and Rogen, tackle a movie that involves a plot and not just an idea. Jokes work better when they're centered around situation and although the living room can produce hilarious moments, I want to spend my ten dollars on an adventure.

All in all, this will most likely be an enjoyable film. I'm thinking The Big Lebowski meets Half Baked and the reviews I've read, based on test screenings, have been exciting. Who cares if they were written by someone called 'The Midnight Toker'. Stoners are people too you know.

George Washington
Directed by David Gordon Green


No comments: