09 June 2009

UP


















I feel silly even recommending it, since I'm pretty sure everyone has already seen the new Pixar film UP. I liked it a lot (better than WALL-E), loved it even, and wouldn't mind seeing it again. Tomasz saw it twice, once in 3-D and once in regular fashion, and he recommends seeing it with the forty dollar red and blue lenses. At the same time, some reviewers reported 3-D to be distracting. My guess is that most people will see it two or three times, so for the first time spring for some depth perception. Then see it at the two dollar theater when the temps reach ninety and above. Free air conditioning!

What's with Pixar movies and the crying? I was strong willed enough to make it through WALL-E without shedding a tear, I found the sympathy for him to be a little forced, but I'll be damned if I made it six minutes into UP without balling. Bring a hankie with you or something.

1 comment:

brennan sylvester said...

it made me cry as well...