29 December 2010

Moonstruck































Joana and Jacob talked me into this one by hailing the Brooklyn scenery. Um, that's not really enough to get me through a romantic comedy. I guess I just thought the writing would be better, and Nicolas Cage would be as good as he was in Peggy Sue Got Married, and the costume design would be fun to revisit. Oh well. It did, however, make me want to eat spaghetti with meatballs and go on a date that involved candles.

Moonstruck is actually more of a play than a movie and if you liked it, or liked it when you were a kid and watching it on TBS, I would advise that you invite your sweetheart over on a Tuesday, order take out, and watch a Hal Hartly film. Trust is the best, but people tend to like Henry Fool better. These movies will feel a little strange at first, but once you make it to the 30 minute marker you'll be hooked.

2 comments:

Joana Kelly said...

You've just got to stop listening to us! Jacob and I seem to love all the wrong things, hahaha. (Although the Booklyn scenery in Moonstruck is great! It made me nostalgic for a Brooklyn I'll never know... and hungry for meatballs, of course.)

Crystal Fawn Williams said...

Oh stop it! One of two things will happen: you guys will plop a gem in my lap or I'll learn to recognize when you're full of subjective wonderment. Either way I love gabbing about film so keep the recommendations coming!